I can, I can, I can, I can, I can...
I - Can - Do - This!
What is this? It's the big 2-0. Unfortunately I am not referring to my age, although I completely understand why you would think that; it's the running, it keeps me young! No this is an even bigger 20: The Trimpell 20. 20 miles!
I have never before run 20 miles, but on Sunday I will. I WILL!
1. Prepare my race number and everything I need the night before;
2. Eat well and sleep well the night before;
3. Eat a good, but normal, breakfast of porridge and blueberries on the morning of the race;
4. Think positively;
5. Take it steady and not go out too fast aiming to run at 'marathon pace' of around 10 minute miles;
6. Think positively ;
7. Use music, jelly beans and water to energise me around the course;
8. Warm up and cool down effectively and properly;
9. Think positively;
10. Enjoy myself.
And why shouldn't I do well? I am well prepared for this: I did well last weekend in the GNW 1/2 marathon, the sports massage on Tuesday sorted out my overtight muscles, and I felt really good after a steady run at club yesterday.
20 miles? Bring it on!
Distance: 4.90 miles (3rd March)
Feeling: Much better than Monday!
Weather: Cold but clear.