Thursday 23 December 2010

Christmas Hats again...

... but no run for me!

Phlegm.

To put it bluntly! In the wrong place of course! I think everyone has phlegm, it's just not supposed to be on your chest, or coughed up spontaneously, every 10 minutes!

That really is a horrid word isn't it - in sound, appearance and meaning - phlegm. Eugh!

So instead of running, I went along to club tonight to pass on Christmas cards, say a Merry Christmas and take the all important photo!... however, not so many people there tonight. Maybe everyone else has phlegm problems.... Is that even a thing?!

Anyway... Here they are, the happy Christmas runners in their festive attire... I would say hats, but as you can see, that would be a loose term!


Oldham and Royton Harriers, Christmas Hats Run #2
From left to right: Pete, Chris, Dom, Sara and Helen
 I hope they had loads of fun, I'm looking forward to reading Pete's blog to see how they got on.

As for me, I've been sensible (for once!); Heeding the advice of not running with any illness that manifests below the neck, I have abstained... so it better pay off now! Plan is to get a long run in on Boxing Day up in Bradford, like I did last year; I've been looking forward to it so my Christmas wish will be to be phlegm free.

One more time... PHLEGM!  Sorry, hope you weren't eating!

4 comments:

  1. Great pic and hope they had fun. Sorry to hear your not well, get lots of oranges eaten and chocolate( I tell myself this is the perfect medicine for any illness) and I hope you feel better soon, xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Di... I'm not bad... it's just a cold (I'm not a man!! - JOKE!!!) but don't want to push it when the old chest feels tight... I've been eating all the superfoods in sight - which of course does include chocolate!! :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was good tonight, I hope that nasty cough leaves you soon, so you can start running again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers Sara... glas you had a good run :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading... feel free to leave me a message. Maggiee x