This week, I went to running club twice. On Monday, we did an out and back which was difficult, but I conquered it! And yesterday we did hills. The group did 20 and I did about 14 or 15. Today, I feel like yesterday was the first time I have ever exercised... I ache ALL over!
I was considering this earlier, whilst also recalling my inability to fasten one of my skirts this morning (not because my hands wouldn't work, or because the zip was broken... but unfortunately because it was just too tight), when I decided maybe I should weigh myself. Now, I should point out at this moment that I have not weighed myself since beginning my marathon training because it was giving me a false reading: I was panicking about putting on weight when really I was building muscle. Instead, I took to taking measurements - a far more accurate evaluation I decided. I should also point out however, that I have neither weighed myself nor taken measurements in at least a month, possibly longer.
WHAT THE ...???!!!
As I am a complete and utter geek, I immediately constructed a spreadsheet to:
1. Analyse my current consumption of food and calories (which reveals that despite a realtively 'healthy' diet, I've been fuelling myself as though I'm still training to run a marathon!)
2. Plan my new reformed diet for the next 4-6 weeks.
3. Monitor my food and calorie intake for the duration of my diet.
4. Record and monitor my weight and body measurements.
5. Plan and record my (increased) exercise regime.
As a former Leader of a well-known world-wide weight loss organisation, I know exactly what I need to do, I just now need to get off my (increasingly larger) ass and do it!
And so, my mission statement is this:
For the next 4-6 weeks I will: exercise at least 5 times a week; eat only when I am hungry; eat according to my strict healthy, yet low calorie, diet plan; gradually begin to fit back into the clothes in my wardrobe!
Wish me luck!