Monday, 23 January 2012

Calories? What calories?

Fresh air, country walks and the company of good people meant for a fun and relaxing weekend and, it seems, great fuel for running.

After a weekend in Alton (not Towers!) enjoying myself with my family, I was understandably tired by the end of today's working day... There had been many wine o'clocks in the evening (watch this space for the wine-o-meter cannily suggested by http://fortnightflo.wordpress.com)! So, running club was not the first thing on my mind this evening - lying on the sofa was! However, due to my over-zealous wine consumption at the weekend, I knew that whilst I had been working hard today, many pesky calories had been equally hard at work, hurriedly attaching themselves to my ass! Not good. Running it was.

However, despite my initial lethargy, I ran better, and felt better, than I have in ages. Running 4 x 1/2 mile reps with 1/4 mile recoveries, I aimed for 3 and completed 4... And I didn't come last! Bonus!

Plus, clocking up just over 6 miles in total means that those pesky calories have been well and truly beaten into submission...

Ha...

Have that calories!

5 comments:

  1. I've discovered on my course at the weekend that its less about calorie intake but more about getting the right food mix (60% carbs, 25% protein and 15% fat) especially for a sports bunny like yourself. For me it meant bigger noodle portions at this weekend's dinner time - which led to me being less tired and hence less craving for C***. (Please tell me that you know what that word is supposed to be!!!)

    And re your threshold training session - WOOP. I have also as a result of this course learned that this must be the centrepiece of my training programme!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow 6 miles when you're not feeling up to it - A-MAH-ZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent... There's carbs in wine isn't there!! Actually, I've just looked at my fitness pal diary and it turns out I'm doing just right c*** wise as i've been hitting just over 60% for the past couple of days - woop! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not coming last, doing more reps than you set out to and beating calories into submission. You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I got there in the end!! :-)

      Delete

Thanks for reading... feel free to leave me a message. Maggiee x

There was an error in this gadget